History Honor Education Learn about The Dallas Fire Fighters Museum and the legacy of fire fighting in the Dallas area. 1 – 1975 Station #57 is opened at #10801 Audelia Road.
Support our firefighters
Watch The Legacy Project
Historic Photos & Movies
This Day in History
2 – 1954 A four-alarm fire occurred at 3525 Welborn in a school building owned by Lucas Properties, Inc. and occupied b Clinton Russell. The cause was incendiary (children) and the loss was $36,100.
1954 Later that same day a 3 alarm fire occurred at 8209 Preston Road in a business building owned by Sam Lobello. Occupants suffering a loss were: Campbells Book Store, C. Russell Lewis Paint Store, Vinson Hardware Store, Highland Furniture Co., and Sanger Brothers. The cause was careless smoking and the loss was $55,703.
3 – No events to post.
4 – No events to post.
5 – No events to post.
6 – No events to post.
7 – No events to post.
8 – 1949 A one-alarm fire occurred at 831 W. Jefferson in a building owned by the estate of Maggie J. Allen and occupied by the Oak Cliff Paint Company. Other occupants of this building who suffered damage were: The Active Recreational Club at 833 W. Jefferson; Jefferson Supply Company at 835 W. Jefferson and Cox-Moore Drug Company at 839 W. Jefferson along with slight exposure damage to the building at 218 S. Tyler. Total loss was 19,168.
9 – No events to post.
10 – No events to post.
11 – No events to post.
12 – 1982 Four-alarm fire at King Edward Village Apartments.
13 – Lieutenant G. D. Crites dies in the line of duty when he falls through the roof at a four-alarm fire at the Stanford Furniture Warehouse during ventilation.
A Modern Museum
History Honor Education
Learn about The Dallas Fire Fighters Museum and the legacy of fire fighting in the Dallas area.
1 – 1975 Station #57 is opened at #10801 Audelia Road.