Support our firefighters

History Honor Education

Watch The Legacy Project

Learn about The Dallas Fire Fighters Museum and the legacy of fire fighting in the Dallas area.

Historic Photos & Movies

This Day in History

February

3 – 1983 Dallas’ 49th station opens as Station #12 at 7520 West Wheatland Road.
4 – 1950 A one-alarm fire occurred at 3609 Hamilton in a duplex owned and furnished by Mrs. Gussie Nelson. James S. Wiggins, who occupied this duplex, also suffered damage with a total loss of $11,459.
5 – No events to post.
6 – 1982 Four-alarm fire at King Edward Apartments.
1989 A four-alarm fire occurred at 5351 Peterson Lane in apartments that was caused by and electric short and resulted in a loss of $321,000.
7 – 1973 Five-alarm fire at Pedro’s Restaurant, 2901-05 Greenville Avenue.
8 – No events to post.
9 – Captain E. L. Frith dies in the line of duty when the Departmental salvage truck collided with a street car at San Jacinto and Hawkins Streets while en route to an alarm at Ross and Hall Street.
10 – 1949 A $12,000 loss occurred in a one-alarm fire at #9314 W. Jefferson Blvd. The building was owned by the United Aircraft Corporation, Chance Vought Division and occupied by the Texas Engineering & Manufacturing Company.
11 – No events to post.
12 – 1954 A three-alarm fire occurred at 608 North St. Paul in an office building owned by Dallas Cotton Exchange. Occupants were Crespi and Company, Sydney H. Hooker & Company, Sidney F. Schiff and W.D. Felder & Company. Cuaase of the fire was careless smoking and the loss was $22,492.

A Modern Museum

Our goal is to redefine the interior space of the Museum in order to create exhibits and preserve the antique equipment, artifacts and photos for generations to come. Below is the floor plan for the renovation of the first floor exhibit featuring all firefighting equipment and machinery. By changing the interior footprint, The Dallas Firefighters Museum simultaneously will lay the foundation for expanded outreach to thousands of schoolchildren.
Read More

© Dallas Firefighters Museum 2011 |