Support our firefighters

History Honor Education

Watch The Legacy Project

Learn about The Dallas Fire Fighters Museum and the legacy of fire fighting in the Dallas area.

Historic Photos & Movies

This Day in History

May

20 – No events to post.

21 – No events to post.

22 – 1964. Station #51 is opened at #200 South St. Augustine Road.

1989 A Seven alarm fire occurred at 6260 Melody Lane in condominiums that resulted in a total loss of $1,583,600 and whose cause was undetermined.

23 – 1949 A two-alarm fire occurred at 4120 Gaston in a building owned by C.W. Swanson and occupied by Lawrence & Mike Burch as the Burch CafĂ©. The loss was $10,500.

24 – No events to post.

25 – 1977 A five-alarm fire at 1835 Corinth in a one story old brick warehouse owned by Quality Baking of Texas, Inc. and vacant at the time of the incendiary fire. Loss was $106,00.

26 – 1977 A three-alarm fire occurred at 10221-23 Garland Road in a 2 story old brick bowling alley owned by Doris Linton and occupied by Mrs. Budd Linton doing business as Jack & Jill Bowling Lanes. Cause of the $285,000 loss was a defective sanding machine.

 

A Modern Museum

Our goal is to redefine the interior space of the Museum in order to create exhibits and preserve the antique equipment, artifacts and photos for generations to come. Below is the floor plan for the renovation of the first floor exhibit featuring all firefighting equipment and machinery. By changing the interior footprint, The Dallas Firefighters Museum simultaneously will lay the foundation for expanded outreach to thousands of schoolchildren.
Read More

 

© Dallas Firefighters Museum 2011 |